#kickingyourgoals 2017 competition5 Jun 2017
Tell us if you’ve been #kickingyourgoals to win
You could be one of 10 lucky members who wins a $500 Visa gift card
At Media Super we want to help you achieve your retirement goals, and we love to celebrate the achievements and successes of our community. So we’re asking all of you tell us if you’ve been #kickingyourgoals in the past year! It can be a big goal such as landing your dream job, achieving a personal best or anything that you worked hard for and was special to you.
We’ll share your achievements with the Media Super community and will feature and celebrate them in the 2017 Media Super Yearbook (head to yearbook.ms to check out the 2016 edition). Plus, 10 lucky members will win a $500 Visa gift card to splurge on themselves!
HOW TO ENTER
Entering is easy. Simply go to your favourite social media space and follow the instructions below:
- Like our page
- Share your big goal you have kicked in the past year on our page with a photo or comment and use #kickingyourgoals.
- Follow us
- Tweet your big goal you have kicked in the past year with a photo or comment, making sure you use #kickingyourgoals and tag @MediaSuper
- Follow us
- Post your big goal you have kicked in the past year with a photo and comment, making sure you use #kickingyourgoals and tag @Media_Super
You can increase your chances of winning by submitting up to five entries (in total).
Entries close at 5.00 pm (AEST) Friday 7 July 2017.
How #kickingyourgoals works
Each week we’ll select five finalists and share their major goal they have kicked on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages.
At the end of the competition, we’ll then select the 10 lucky members who will get a $500 Visa gift card to splurge on themselves.
The winning entries will be selected on Friday, 14 July 2017. Winners will be notified through the social media site they submitted their entry on and will be required to make contact with Media Super within seven days to claim their prize.
So what are you waiting for? Share how you have been #kickingyourgoals now!
Terms and Conditions
Instructions on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter of this competition is Media Super Limited (Promoter) ABN 30 059 502 948, AFSL 230254 as Trustee of Media Super (Fund) ABN 42 574 421 650, USI Superannuation 42574421650001, USI Pension 42574421650799.
- This promotion will commence at 9:00am AEST Monday 5 June 2017 and will end at 5:00pm AEST Friday 7 July 2017 (Promotion period).
- This promotion is open to superannuation and pension members of the Fund who are Australian residents residing in Australia and are aged 18 years and over. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries. Employees of the Promoter and associated agencies and their immediate families are ineligible to enter the competition.
- To enter, eligible members (Entrant) must have submitted an entry within the Promotion period by any of the following methods:
- Facebook.com/MediaSuper – like our page and share a big goal you’ve kicked in the past year on our page with a photo or comment that sums up your big goal, you must use #kickingyourgoals and tag @Media Super, and/or
- Twitter.com/MediaSuper – follow us and tweet a big goal you’ve kicke in the past year with a photo or comment, you must use #kickingyourgoals and tag @MediaSuper, and/or
- 3.Instagram.com/Media_Super - follow us and post a big goal you’ve kicked in the past year with a photo or comment, you must use #kickingyourgoals and tag @Media_Super
- ‘Kicking your goals’ is defined as a major goal from your personal or work life that you have achieved in the past 12 months. Eligible members may enter up to 5 times via one or multiple social media sites as listed above, but are only eligible to win once.
- Every week the judges will review the previous weeks’ (Monday to Sunday) entrants and short list 5 finalists each Monday. The weekly finalists will then be shortlisted for the major prize.
- This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the Winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual literary and creative merit.
- The Entrant warrants to the Promoter that the entry submitted is an original artistic work of the Entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third parties. If the entry or any part of the information provided by the Entrant in relation to the entry was provided by a third party, the Entrant warrants that they have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for the purposes of this promotion. The Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
- The judges reserve the right to disqualify any Entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, racism, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. The judges' decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Entrant agrees to indemnify The Promoter.
- The best ten (10) valid entries as determined by the judges will be deemed the major prize winners and will win one of 10 $500 Visa Universal Gift Cards (Gift card). The prize is valid for redemption from Monday 17th July 2017.
- The Gift card that can be used for purchasing goods and services where Visa Prepaid cards are accepted for electronic transactions (excluding transactions at ATMs or over the counter at financial institutions). The Gift card is not a credit card and nor is it linked to any accounts with the Promotor or Fund. Please see the following website https://universalgiftcard.com.au/terms.aspx for the terms and conditions for the Gift card. The Promotor is not responsible nor liable for any Gift card being lost or in misdirected mail or damaged.
- Judging of the entries will take place at The Promoter’s Melbourne office - Level 3, 157 Spring St Melbourne Vic 3000 on Friday 14 July 2017 at 3:00pm.
- Winners will be notified through the social media site where they submitted their entry, and will be required to make contact with the Promoter within 7 days to claim their prize. The names of the Winners will be published on the website for a minimum of 28 days.
- If the Promoter is unable to contact a Winner within 3 months of judging and after the Promoter has made every effort to contact them with the information provided by the Entrant, then the Promoter will award the prize to the next valid winning Entrant.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. Any attempt to resell or auction all or any part of this prize will result in an immediate cancellation of the prize. Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be exchanged for another. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by The Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the competition as necessary due to circumstances outside its control.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, The Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under The Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by The Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a Winner or Entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
- The Promoter is entitled to use any of the entries submitted in any manner and for any purpose at its absolute discretion, including using the entries for future promotions or in their publications, marketing and for publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the Entrant. The Promoter is entitled to amend, edit, select, crop, retouch, add to or delete from any part of the submitted entry.